Chris Green: Sanctifying Our Interpretation of Scripture
To kick off our series on reading and interpreting the Bible, we talk with pastor and professor Chris Green about how his reading of the Bible has changed over the years from his upbringing in pentecostal holiness to his recent consecration as an Anglican bishop. We touch on how to read disturbing texts, as well as other elements of his book Sanctifying Interpretation: Vocation, Holiness and Scripture.
Chris Green is Professor of Public Theology at Southeastern University (Lakeland, FL), Bishop of the Diocese of St Anthony (CEEC), and Director for St Anthony Institute of Theology, Philosophy, and Liturgics. He is the author and editor of a number of books, including most recently All Things Beautiful: An Aesthetic Christology.
You can connect with Chris and his work on his website.
Connect with Gravity:
- Leave us a message or ask a question about this or any other episode and we’ll answer it on a future episode.
- Join our online community for free to get a curated list of interesting and edifying links each week, plus all kinds of other goodies.
- Check out the Gravity Commons, a place to connect and learn with others in the Gravity community.
- Check out Gravity Leadership Academy, our 12-month training intensive for Christian leaders who want to bring lasting transformation to their culture.
- Are you interested in advertising on the Gravity Leadership Podcast? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.